Monday, June 30, 2014

My Little Friend

By Carol Warfield

My name is Minnie, where it came from I cannot say. I have a special look when my master comes my way.
She knows if I am hungry or need a special touch. She takes me for a walk or car ride which I enjoy so much. If a storm comes up, she's there to take away my fear and say, "It's all right my little one. I'm right here beside you. Everything's okay."

Whenever I need to relieve myself, she's Johnny on the spot, whether it's morning or the middle of the night. She's always there for me. If I'm in need of anything, she knows I'll give her just a small tap and a special look to say, "My water bowl is empty, please fill it right away." Sometimes I give her a special look because I'm wanting a real treat. All I have to do is lick my lips and she's on her way.

And if I'm feeling sick, she knows just what to do. Her gentle touch and whisper of prayer gets me back up on my feet. She knows where our help comes from and she quickly calls on His Name. For you see, God made us both to fulfill His purpose.

When my time comes to leave this life and go back to the dust, she'll have eternity to hear God say, "Well done, My child. You have done okay. (Proverbs 12:12; Psalm 36:6) We both have faced many trials in life. God has always seen us through and given us extra strength to make it through.

I'm grateful for my master, she has taken me to where I am today and I know I need not fear for God and my master are always near.

It's such a blessing and comfort to know each and every day -- I love my little friend God sent my way. If you could hear my heart, you would hear it say, Thank You, God, for Your blessings You so freely give. To know that Jesus loves us by the care He gives and sends our way. (Psalm 23:4)

Editorial Note: Carol and Don Warfield are faithful saints who've been a part of New Life over many years. She is an enthusiastic writer and lover of the Word, having read the Bible through well over 100 times. It's a source of joy to her heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment