Thursday, June 30, 2011

Reflections on Psalm 98

By Chuck Zucal

When I think of what Jesus has done for me and from what He has brought me... I was a drowning man in a vast sea. When the world could care less, He and He alone rescued me. How can I not give Him praise?

When I think of His pain, His siffering, His humiliation, His sacrifice - endured in my place - what He went through for me, for all to see; scourged, beaten, bloodied, spit upon, and crucified. How can I not give Him praise?

His hands were pierced by nails, yes, but it was His LOVE that kept Him on that cross for our sakes. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." He calls us friend. Of a friend such as Him I am not worthy. How can we not give Him praise?

Even nature sings praise unto the LORD. The sea roars, the trees clap, and the hills are joyful - all creation sings unto Him. If we do not praise Him, the very stones will cry out and take our place. We would do well to remember the fig tree and how this tree denied Him. Who are we to not give Him praise?

Make a joyful noise; make a new song unto Him. Cry out to the LORD and sing to Him from your heart. He made an escape for you and me. He gave us victory. He gives us salvation. Abraham saw this and rejoiced.

Give our Lord Jesus Christ the praise and honor of which He is so very worthy. *


Editor's Note: Chuck Zucal repented, was baptized in Jesus' Name, and filled with the Holy Spirit after a Home Bible Study. As a member of the New Life Apostolic Church family, he has continued as a student of the Word, immersing himself in subjects like the Tabernacle Plan. Chuck bears testimony to the potential for excelling "by reason of use." - mjk

No comments:

Post a Comment