Monday, October 31, 2011

My Test

By Charles R. Grisham

Through fountains of tears my soul doth reach for Thee,
O'er mountains of fears my heart cries out to Thee;
The cool valleys of rest that long have evaded me,
Oh hasten this test to triumphnat victory.

Long nights of remorse, of years that were wasted,
Now free from sin's curse, Heaven's joys I have tasted;
Life's song, verse by berse, I'll sing until daybreak,
Quenching doubt as I thirst to win for His Name's sake.

I've been tried in the fire, I can say He is faithful,
I was sug from the mire, indeed, I am grateful;
Glad morning of rapture, deliverance is nearing,
Bright dawning of grandeur, His glory endearing.

Each trial has its measure of intended glory,
We seek Heaven's treasure at the end of life's story;
I'm pressing, I'm striving, by faith it's my best,
Lord, grant through my trying, I'll pass this, my test.





No comments:

Post a Comment