Friday, November 30, 2012

All that is Within Me...!

By Jack Sword

Text: Psalm 103:1 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy Name." 
 
In all the ways I've lifted the words of this verse, I've never thought about the word "all" quite in this way before, but it struck me as an important way to think about it.
 
If "all" that is in me is (the) blessing (of) the Lord, then there is no room for many of the other things (clutter/distractions) that occupy my time, thoughts, and speech. If I'm busy about (occupied) with thinking of blessing the Lord, I don't have time or space for (to be occupied with) the worry, care, fret, doubt, and fear that would crowd out (steal away) my blessing the Lord. Then, too, I don't have time to notice what's wrong with the world or the church... my notice is totally about (fixed on) what's right with the Lord; how He's saving, keeping, filling, satisfying, blessing, noticing, and answering my prayers. I'm noticing how good He is to me and to His people; how merciful He is to the saints and to the "ain'ts". So, my focus keeps on with the thought. "Keep on, Lord, filling up this heart of mine with nothing but praise for You, and I will keep on saying this all day long..."
 
"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!"
When Jesus is my focus, there can be nothing but praise! Amen!
 
Editor's Note: Jack Sword is an ordained minister with the United Pentecostal Church International. He lives in Columbus, Ohio, and is the father of Sis. Alphin, (wife of Mark Alphin,) missionaries to Finland.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment