Sunday, June 30, 2013

Remembering Bernice Driskell...

Bishop Grisham called her the "I-75 Missionary." Famous for her favorite response, "I'm blessed!" (always said with a bright-eyed smile,) Sis. Driskell loved to spread an encouraging word. She clipped poems and devotional sayings she felt would be valuable to others and sent them with cards and kind words through the mail, or submitted them to be read during services.

Quick to look for ways to be helpful, she was good at her endeavors. Once the Lord Jesus got ahold of her heart, she was committed to His Kingdom and His service. No matter which church she attended, she gave love and prayers to every church she'd ever been a member. As long as she was able to drive, she was faithful in attendance, giving cheerfully as she was able.

She considered the chorus, "I Am Blessed" to be her theme song - and although I do not know who the writer of the song is, I tend to agree. So, whenever she visited here at New Life, we liked to use the song at some point during the service...

I am blessed, I am blessed,
Ev'ry day that I live, I am blessed;
When I wake up in the morning,
Till I lay my head to rest,
I am blessed, I am blessed.
 

Sister Bernice Driskell went home to be with the Lord on June 12, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment