Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Let It Go! Move Forward!

Pastor Ken Foreman

Text: Philippians 3:13-14 - "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

It is imperative that we focus on where we are right now. He is worthy! Forgiveness is essential. It's a must! You can go no farther until you forgive.

"To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; lest Satan should get an advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices." (II Corinthians 2:10-11)

Paul is saying here that unforgiveness gives the enemy and advantage over you. Bitterness is a root and it will defile you and others around you. Learn to put it behind you! Don't allow the devil to use the Word of God against you.

  • Forgiveness means living at peace with all men -- as much as lieth within you.
  • Forgiveness means keep on keeping on (be faithful).
  • Forgiveness means keeping your focus on Jesus (eyes on the prize).

Don't let the enemy get you off-track.
  • Samuel wasn't rejected, (even though he thought Israel was rejecting him,) it was God who was being rejected.
    • storms (rough times) reveal new growth,
    • "all things work together for good...",
    • lilies grow best in the valley.
  • Moses wasn't deterred by Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.
    • Egypt was a bad place - it needed to be left behind.
    • No turning back!
The Battle is won (or lost) in the mind. It takes a made-up mind... a bulldog grip... "my heart is fixed..." I'm going on with the Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment