Saturday, March 30, 2013

I've Been Called to Change the Atmosphere

By Marvin Bembry

Text:  Esther 4:14-16 - "For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this? Then Esther bade them return unto Mordecai this answer, Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so I will go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish."

God has called us to the Kingdom "for such a time as this." When we understand this - it changes our response and our attitude.

Worship/praise lifts up... magnifies. Jesus said...
  • "...If I be lifted up from the earth - will draw all men unto Me."
  • "Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near."
  • "Ask... Seek... Knock..."
He is seeking whosoever will...

God is already bigger than all your needs. He doesn't need your magnification to increase His size. But YOU need to magnify Him to appreciate His power!

While Saul sought his own advancement, and Samuel lay prostrate mourning... God sought and found a man (David) who was occupied with praise and pursuit [of God] and anointed him to be king.

Problem: We do not seek what we "think" we already know.

Look at how God revealed Himself to Job. It was in showing Himself as all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present majesty. He challenged Job to rethink - and in doing so, Job changed his atmosphere from one of "woe is me" to "How Great Thou Art!"

Paul said, "Oh, that I might know Him - in the power of His resurrection, and in the fellowship of His suffering."

Editor's Note: Bro. Marvin Bembry pastors New Birth Ministries in the Chicago area.

No comments:

Post a Comment