Thursday, October 31, 2013

For My Good; For His Glory

By Keila Fischer

You know when you get a song stuck in your head? Not for a day, week or even a month but for over a year? The song, "For My Good, For His Glory" has been all over me for well past that time. I've spoken to sisters in the church thinking he wanted us to sing it. But here in the midnight hour the revelation has come from my sweet Savior. It is about me. There are times on this walk with Him that I will start to wander. Like the the story of the one sheep He left the ninety and nine to find.

Wandering is not just church hopping or backsliding, it can be many different things... personal things just between you and God. Lately, I have had so much time to spend in prayer, the Word, and in taking the time to really listen to people and share my heart.

For reasons known only to the Lord I seem to like to wander. One of my favorite pastimes is to take long walks with my dogs. No headphones, no cellphone, no one but God, the dogs, and me wandering to the next interesting beautiful spot. However, when it comes to my relationship with God and His people, wandering is very dangerous for me. Oh, life happens. People die, children grow, good friends leave the Lord, life gets busy, and many distractions come our way. Taking the time to be still, to stay focused, stop wandering, and set a goal once in while - these are things this saint needs to work on. 

Taking the time and effort to show love to the people and the thing that is the most precious to me. I woke up this evening knowing that all the set backs, all the pain; it's ALL for my good, it's ALL for His glory. 

I asked the Lord, "Does it really take all of this suffering to get my attention?"

His reply? "I suffered it all for you Keila, so you would be free indeed, (John 8:36), so you would always

triumph in Me, (II Corinthians.2:14) You may have afflictions, but I will deliver you out of them all. (Psalm 34:19). It is for your good because you are My glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment