Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Word

By Carol Warfield

So many people ask me, "Why do you read the Bible so much? Most of the time they're people who really don't know God in His truth. As I consider this question, I've asked myself, "Why do you?" For one thing, God wants us to be saved, healthy, and wise. These only come when we live by His Word, which has the answer to our every need.

God gave us His Word to read. It will make one wise. It will direct us into the right path. He also tells us to speak the Word in truth without deception. (Zechariah 8:16) This starts with believing that He is. (Hebrews 11:6) When we believe, then we can act upon HisWord.

Through reading the Word, we learn to trust the Lord. (Deuteronomy 31:13) We learn His statutes and to do well. His Word teaches us to learn of Him, (Matthew 11:29) also to maintain good works. (Titus 3:14)

Satan wants to take us into the wilderness so he can deceive us, but God used the Word to whip the devil.

As we try to sow the seed, which is the Word of God, we must keep in mind that no matter what the seed is, it's very important where we plant the seed. The devil is subtle, more than any beast of the field. (Genesis 3:1) He has a plan, but so does God! We need to have a plan also. Stand on the Word of God, for He honors His Word. My mother taught me early in life that the Word will stand when the world is on fire. I thought of this when our mobile home burnt in the mid-70's. The Bible, which was on my living room coffee table, did not burn, but was black with smoke.

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life." (John 6:35) He also said, "The words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit and they are life." (John 6:48) The Lord's Prayer says, "Give us this day our daily bread." (Matthew 6:11) Just as our human body needs food every day, it is also needful to feed our spiritual body with the Bread of Life.

There's much to be said concerning the Word of God and time will not allow me to tell it all. But it's in there, right in the Word of God for everyone to read.

Be sure of this: there is no problem that cannot be answered if you get into His Word. When we seek God, believe, trust, and wait on His timing, the answer will come. I'm learning more each time I read the Bible through and I'm very thankful that God placed a "Helper" in my heart - His Holy Spirit, which will lead and guide us into all truth. I want to know Him better so I can please Him more.

We must... 1.) Read the Word, 2.) Believe the Word, 3.) Quote the Word, 4.) Speak the Word, 5.) Ac t upon the Word, 6.) Trust the Word, 7.) Obey the Word, and, 8.) Apply the Word to our lives each day.

Be sure, God's Word never fails and God will have the last say. You can stand on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment