Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting...

By Marjorie Kinnee

 
To renew my strength
To mount up with wings as eagles
To run and not be weary
To walk and not faint

 
To keep on keeping on
To stick and stay
To endure to the end
To smile and say, "Hallelujah anyhow!"
 
To go the second mile
To give my cloak also
To turn the other cheek
To love the unlovable
 
To decrease
To rejoice in others' increase
To by love serve
To keep hope alive
 
To abide in Christ
To let Christ abide in me
To be conformed
And transformed into His image.
 
To let patience bring experience
To let patience have her perfect work
To receive the desires of my heart
To walk worthy...
 
Till my change comes
Till Christ be formed in me
Till He comes
And I see Him face to face
 
O Lord, Teach me to wait!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment