Monday, December 2, 2013

Heard from the Pulpit...

By Carol Warfield

I got to thinking about all the wonderful men of God I've sat under during forty plus years of serving God. We need the Word of God, the Holy Ghost, and a true man of God to lead us. I am so thankful for these six faithful ministers who have guided my life and my walk with God. Many of the sayings they've used while preaching have stuck with me. I'd like to share several of them with you...

  1. The first thing a saint will do when they become weak is begin to beautify themselves.
  2. God is more concerned about our attitude than our troubles and situations, because trials will make you better or bitter.
  3. To question why will not change your difficulty.
  4. It's not that I can't - but I won't!
  5. Because sin is not executed speedily man's heart is set on doing evil. (Ecclesiastes 8:11)
  6. Prayer is never the easy way out, never for God to do it for us. Prayer is the hard way, it provides you the power to go through, it enables us to handle the problem.
  7. In this life, nothing is forever.
  8. Everything that's in the Word of God is for you, it's designed for you.
  9. Sons are born, but disciples are made.
  10. God doesn't take - He gives!
  11. The eyes of faith see the result before it ever happens. The eyes of faith look up, while the eyes of man look down.
  12. Faith brings perfect peace to our souls.
  13. Creation itself is the proof of God.
  14. The church must not be like everybody else. If the world does it, don't do it! (Leviticus 18:1-3)
  15. If you keep the faith, the faith will keep you.
  16. The thing that is the hardest for you to give up, that's the thing that will pull you back into the world - if you don't guard against it.
  17. Flesh will never say no.
  18. If you don't kill pride - it will kill you. (Proverbs 16:18)
  19. Almost right is wrong.
  20. Faith with love said, We can do anything. But compassion says, We must...!
  21. Only dead things need paint; the barn, the house, the car, etc.
  22. God will not accept anything less than our best; in prayer, in worship, in praise.
  23. We cannot love people to heaven - they must obey the Scriptures.
  24. Our conscience is a watch-dog for our soul.
  25. Research proves all issues of holiness, both inward and outward, are essential for salvation.
  26. If the Bible does not directly deal with an issue, we must trace it to it's original uses and purpose to discover whether or not it is of God.
  27. Love gives, lust takes. Love is patient, kind, and understanding, lust is rude, crude, and very demanding.
  28. If you are not winning them, they are winning you.
  29. My friends, my God is fantastic. There are no words that describe Him. That's why I just take off shouting. It helps me to express how wonderful He is, and how crazy I am about my Lord. I'm not ashamed because He made my emotions and I'll use them as long as there is breath in my body and strength to do so - to glorify my God
  30. Brains - Use them!
  31. They don't know "come here" from "sic 'em!"
If you listen as the man of God speaks, you will gather fragments and crumbs of wisdom that will help you. You'll find they come back to your mind at needed moments, bringing encouragement and reminding you of the good things you have heard throughout your life as a child of God. It pays to serve Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment